In recognition of the pioneering experimental works continually being produced by artists for the internet Soundtoys.net has been established to provide a space for the exhibition of exciting new works by a growing community of audio visual artists, while also providing a forum for discourse around new technologies and the nature of soundtoys. The site is intended to provide a meeting point for this growing community of artists and users, and in addition to the exhibition of audio visual projects, the site contains areas for artists interviews, links to resources, and texts by contributing writers where serious issues around interactive arts, audio visual syhthesis, generative art, and a history of interactivity are discussed. Hopefully it is a fun and entertaining site to visit, while also providing valuable information for all parties.
Soundtoys is now gaining worldwide exposure. In addition to our online presence, Soundtoys is being promoted at numerous other festivals. The site has been reviewed at Sonar, on the Sonify, in the Independent, and on Engish TV, and national tour of selected UK venues happened in 2005, supported by The Watershed Media Centre and funded by The Arts Council Of England.
Soundtoys is open to artists, designers, musicians, writers and programmers who make (or who are interested in the aesthetics of); interactive web soundtoys, artworks and related texts. Work submitted for the site should explore the use of technology for the advancement of audio visual communication. At the moment artists can either make special new work for the soundtoys site, or send in existing work(s) that they would like to be featured online at the soundtoys site...
Our next phase of development will see a series of specially commissioned soundtoys interfaces for the site by selected artists as well as games and interactive experiences for other platforms
- Search google the search engine online and you will come up with pages and pages of links about soundtoys.
- Soundtoys.net is the premier site for net art and for audio visual arts and emergent projects.
- Soundtoys started the site in 1998 and it now has over a two hundred artists online.
- Soundtoys.net has been exhibited at Sonar, at the ICA in London as part of Cybersonica, at Zepplin In Spain, and at Den Hague Film Fest in Holland, and Garage in Germany
- Soundtoys has been reviewed on TV and in the independent as well as EL Pais and Art Monthly.
- Soundtoys curated show at the ICA as part of Cybersonica and numerous galleries worldwide
- Soundtoys organised its own talks evening at the ICA, also at Digi Star in South London, The Watershed Media Centre.